As I have said it is tires that make the car in the snow. Tires are like tools, you have to pick the best tool for the job. If you drive a SUV with high performance summer tires in the winter, say good bye to the SUV as it will smash in to something. It does not matter if it is a SUV, because if it can not gripe the road, then you can not over come the laws of physics. High performance cars tend to be equiped with summer, high performance tires and thus the car will handle poorly in the snow. Front wheel drive cars do very well with all season tires because of weight ratios and the all season tires they use are good in most coditions, but they suck as performance tires and vechiles in sports situations on dry pavement. So the answer is all Porsches do very well in the snow with corect tires. I have driven a Boxster S in the snow as well as my 997 C4S and they do very good. My C4S uses 19 inch rims a snow tires for a great ride in the crappy weather. I had a Cayeen S with summer tires when they first came out and it was a death trap without proper tires in the winter. A Caymen is the same as a Boxster S on the ground in my book (it's just $$ hype). For the price of a Boxster S and A Caymen you can get a 977 Turbo and a set of winter tires and rims...summer and winter mean machine.