Quote:
mawyatt said:
Over the hill,

I have a 97 993 C2 as my daily drive. It has none of the fancy electronics. Just got my 997TT and am still reying to get all this stuff figured out. Bottom line is not too hard and as mentioned it's best to just drive the car and learn. There is not much you can to hurt the car so down be afraid to just drive and learn.

I'm still trying to figure out how to set the nav system to point not North but the direction I'm heading (maybe someone here knows how to do this?).

For me it's too much electronics (and I'm and EE) but it comes with the package, so just drive and learn and most of all just have fun. It is truly an amazing car thet you will enjoy driving.

BTW how does know if the overboost is working??

Mike

After engaging sport mode, the gas pedal has to be "quickly floored" to make overboost available. Once floored, the power is increased from 2100 rpms to 5000 rpms; diminishing from 4000 rpms to 5000 rpms, where it ceases to be present. The upward arrow (present adjacent the bar boost gauge) will still illuminate after 5000, but it is only indicating that it's still available although not present anytime after 5000. If you were to let off the gas and do the same after the revs fell below 4000, this would repeat itself. You can not activate overboost above 4000, it is only present after 4000 once it has been activated below 4k and then only to slowly bring the power back to norm after 5k.