Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
Whoopsy said:
Guys, didn't you all forget that the M5/M6 cars are neutered at 155mph/250km/hr? So there is no point in even comparing the M6, it's a lesser car that not even in the league of Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches and even the Z06. The Merc can be factory optioned to be neutered at 186mph/300km so it's a borderline car.

If we are comparing modified cars, then it's on fair to compared a modified Turbo to a modified M6, not a stock one.

If I go hunting for a M5/M6, I will take my CLS55, 997TT is a step above them, you wouldn't race a Civic in your Turbo would you?

The M cars can be delimited up to 305 km/h...

Every single BMW except I think the M3 CSL are factory electronically limited to 155mph/250km/hr and unless I was mistaken there was NO factory option to remove that limit, hence my arguement.
Granted, any BMW can be easily modified by aftermarket to take out that limit, but in doing so the car is 'modified' already, and it would not be fair to compare it against factory cars anymore.

Porsche is the only major German car factory that do not limit themselves to the lowered limit, and it is one of the perks that sets them one step above the other German carmakers. Have you heard of the un-official Order of the Autobahn? Porsche -> Mercedes -> BMW -> Audi -> VW.

M5/M6 are fantastic performance cars but they just lack that last little bit of performance in stock form to overtake the Turbo, but they sure blows the door off Carrera Ss for roughly the same amount of money. Z06 on the other hand is a much much closer match performance wise to the Turbo.