Hi guys,

It's been some while since I have been regularly visiting these boards. I took a 2 years break from sportscars and the like and tried out new hobbies. I started a Private Pilot licence, but had to give it up due to airsickness. A year later I regretted my decision and tried again, this time with the guidance of a doctor, but unfortunately it didn't get better the more I flew, and I had to give up yet again...such a pity, because it's truely a wonderful experience and hobby. 

I have also picked up riding motorcycles. Bought 2 bikes over the past few years, a Triumph Street Triple, which I liked and later a Ducati Panigale R, which I loved. What a beast! Unfortunately I had a traffic accident in February this year. Really stupid one, I had green light and went straight on, and a young woman cut through red and hit me from the side. Broken knee cap and months of bed time was the result. 

Now all these months have passed, I've sold both bikes, and the lust after fast cars has come back :)

I started to read car forums again and was surprised about how much I had missed over the last 2 years. Time and developpement didn't stop lol. What immediately caught my attention was the new rumors about the GT4 RS. I got thrilled and searched some more, but what I mainly found was lots of remarkable reviews about the new GT3. I watched a few of those videos and was totally hooked. I wanted one and was determined to call my dealer the next day. But, soon after reading through some Porsche forums, I learnt that they had all been sold already? Please...not again, I told to myself, in tears.

Luckily, my dealer was able to get an extra allocation for me and I am happy to announce, that I signed the dotted line today. It's going to be superb. Delivery is expected for 1st quarter 2018.

Now about the spec, I can't for the love of God, decide between :

1. the colour: Metallic Black, White or Guards Red, which I had on my 997.2 GT3 and loved it, but want something different now?
  2. PDK or Manual: I know, I know... the classic debate. I think that PDK suits the GT3 more. Manual doesn't belong in a modern race car anymore, but rather in a B-road cruiser that is fun to drive at low speeds (like a MX-5 or a Lotus)... The GT3 is too fast for a manual, if that makes sense....(totally subjective opinion of course)
  3. Clubsport or not: Now, I wouldn't have a problem with this choice, if I hadn't been blessed with the birth of my son, who is now 20 months old. If I opt for the Clubsport package, then I can't fit the ISOFIX and I couldn't take him along when he is a few years older. Question: If I went with the clubsport package and racing seats, could I retrofit a sport seat for the passenger side?

Voilà, it's good to be back on Rennteam. I have a lot of reading and catching up to do. What else have I missed?