This has been a great dilemma for me also. My son is 20 and I have only let him drive the car twice since buying my 997 in 05 and both times with me as the passenger. On the one hand I want him to experience what I only dreamed about at his age and on the other I know that for his experience and for where his brain is at these days, he just can't be put alone behind the wheel of one of these cars. There is just too much temptation to get into trouble and I'd rather bring him to the track with me for driver training experience and let him feel the need for speed in a controlled environment.

I know many of you posters have had the fortune of driving one of these cars from a very young age but I beleive that only in the hands of a resonsible individual should these type of machines be given to people under 21. This type of accicdent is happeneing all the time here in Toronto and I think a lot of these kids think its like a video game where if they go off the track nothing happens to them.

Lets be responsible parents and give them a little tough love and let them earn their own Porsche etc. The consequences are far to costly.