Quote:
KresoF1 said:
BTW, Ron, what is your opinion here?

Well, regarding R8 and 997S performance wise nobody can assess anything until we get some reading on them, although magazines do not constitute anything but it helps to get a feel about the cars.

I personally have been a die-heart Porsche fan but lately, since their 997 introductions, I'm getting kind of cold about the brand. When 997S came out I test-drove it and didn't feel like a Porsche to me anymore. Of course this is my personal opinion but based on my past experience with 993 and 996, the 997 seemed like a comfortable sports salon, soft clutch and kind of numb steering feel as far as the feed back. And then I test drove my friend's 997TT, of course for a very short period of time but you get feel as to where Porsche is headed, and it was confirmed to me that may be I should try a different brand.

I've been on the R8 waiting list for the past 17 months when we didn't know what it was going to be called. To me, just by looking at it you can see everything about this car is so fresh and new that can't stop staring at it compare to other sports cars (design wise). Performance wise based on the specs it seems like a real kick ass car but again it remains to be seen. I personally don't think that R8 will come short since the RS4 proved itself as fantastic car performance wise and R8 in my opinion will be even better in the Dynamic driving compare to RS4. My prediction is that R8 will be very close to 997S if not better (may be). But all in all I am happy that Audi made this move with the R8, perhaps this will shake up Porsche and wake them up what other companies are up to and offerings are, as opposed to changing the engine a little bit and give it 5 more horse power and rip the customers off.