SciFrog:
GT-Boy:

One thing that Tesla HAS NOT figured out is pretty important............How to make a profit selling cars.  Until Tesla figures out how to make money, its hard to say that have "taken over" anything.

Read up please. They are making money on S and X models, margins are around 20% (not sure if EV credits still come into play or not).

The reason why Tesla is loosing money as a company is because they are investing billions to create and produce the model 3 from scratch and in very large numbers. A few years back the automobile dinosaurs told Musk he could not do any of it. Now we are two months away from the start of production and he still has a few billions in the bank.

On another note I just love his style of managent. He just said publically he was an idiot for trying to pack the X with so much tech advances. On the other hand you have VW execs not even admitting they were part of the largest fraud and cover up the car industry has ever encountered.

On yet another note, I despise the traditional luxury makers as a whole for holding back technological advances for decades and their collusion to maximize profits at the expense of the customers and to hide their will to innovate. If it wasn't for Tesla, autonomous driving and EVS would be a decade behind where they are now. I also despise Porsche Mercedes and BMW for the constant gouging of upper specced models. And don't even get me started on the stubbornness of not offering tech retrofits on already sold models... They are as bad as Microsoft used to be.

Well...my R8 is the latest generation R8. My car has been manufactured April 2016. Starting with July 2016, the next model year started. Suddenly, the fantastic B&O system got headrest speakers, sounding even more impressive at lower volumes and optional Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Retrofittable? No chance. Smiley  Ridiculous. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)