MKSGR:
Gnil:

I was in Dijon yesterday for an open pit lane track day . Great day : 28 degrees . Only 35 cars . Mix of Ferrari 488, 458, Speciale, , 430 , FF,  Porsche Turbo S,  Carrera S , GT3, GT3 RS , Nissan GT R , Nismo, BMW 3 series, Lambo Galiardo, Mini, Audi RS6 ......... and two Audi R8 Plus . 

Drove a few hot laps against one of the R8 .....  Had no chance surprise It pulled away so easily on any straight . In the curves , it was more or less at par ...... even if he ended up all the time sliding all over the place .... Was fun though .

The RS need 80 HP more 

I need to be honest with you... You need to train more to get an even better driver. The GT3RS is quicker than the R8 V10 Plus on all tracks (based on SportautoSmiley

Based on Sport Auto, the R8 V10 Plus testcar they had suffered under a miraculous power loss and interesting enough, they never tried to find out why. Smiley

In a different review in comparison with the Huracan and the 991.2 Turbo S, the R8 V10 Plus did Hockenheim in 1.09,0 min. with the crappy (they have been adapted to Audi's request for a better wet performance, thus compromising dry performance, especially over a longer period of time) Audi rated Cup 2 (for comparison: Huracan in 1.07,5 with Trofeo R). The 991.1 GT3 RS did Hockenheim in 1.08,5 min. So as you can see, the differences are marginal. With the right tires, the R8 would beat quite a lot of cars but Audi marketing sucks, they don't know if they want to market the R8 as a more comfortable alternative to the Huracan or as a serious super sportscar, which is sad.

So I don't think that Gnil doesn't know how to drive but the R8 also benefits from AWD (if the driver knows how to use it) and it is a very fast car, many seem to underestimate it. Smiley

Last but not least, maybe the driver had the Trofeo R from the Huracan (they fit the R8 rims...), so... Smiley

I was thinking about getting the Trofeo R for my R8 but what for? Just to impress Porker and bluelines on the track? Smiley Smiley Too expensive just for some track fun, my R8 mechanic (who also takes care of Lamborghini cars at the dealership) told me that a Huracan track enthusiast managed to finish off a set of new Trofeo R on a single track day. It is a mystery to him how he did it, it was very hot on that day though (over 36°C) but since these tires are hard to get (according to him), a set is around 3000-4000 EUR. No thanks. 

What I hate about my PZero PZ4 is that they are very tire pressure sensitive. If I lower tire pressure to the minimum level (under 270 kph), they are really good and fun. As soon as I go up with the pressure to drive faster on the Autobahn, they suck. I can basically slide my way through curves but this is not the way I want to drive. Also, there is more understeer with the higher pressure. With the lower one, the behavior is quite neutral.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)