Quote:
VKSF said:
Got a new '07 SL65 last wkend, and prelim impressions re: straight-line/twisties perf&feel/quality of materials and advanced ABC/steering/brake technologies (vs '06 55/65) are: 65 is a simply epic car, showcasing some of world's best engineering...brilliant motor, tranny, steering/chassis/brakes, safety, GT features, looks....and many subtle advances, e.g., nanotech-based paint that's more resistant to swirls/microabrasions and IMO world's most elegant and functional key fob....

Getting 997TT Tip next wk; doubt I'll keep it more than a few wks, as IMO 65 is prob a much more balanced, yet more emotive daily/wkend car than 997TT (esp vs 997TT's feeble exhaust note; lack of paddle shifters; and apparent turbo lag/more modest tq....and 997TT's lack of usable fuel tank cap/trunk/Bluetooth/Sirius/iPod/convertible/ventil seats, etc etc).....and will have 599 in Fall as the lighter-wt twisties missle, w/F's fastest series tranny.....

Only problem w/getting SL65 now is CL550 will feel relatively lethargic....just need to skip CL550 and get CL65 in Spr07

Don't get the SL65!! You will loose a lot of money on depreciation on these cars. Don't get me wrong I love my SL65, but the sad fact of the matter is their values drop like rocks, because there is too much supply and too little demand.

The new 997TT sounds like a good idea