Having sold my 996TT earlier this year, I am currently in the process of purchasing a GT2 and my choices are between an 02MY Comfort Spec or 01MY Clubsport.

Having driven a 01MY GT2 in both comfort and clubsport spec back to back on the track and road last year in the UK. I came to the following conclusions regarding the cars:-

The Clubsport was much sharper of the two cars. It was much easier to manipulate near the limit and at turn-in it was night and day compared to the Comfort car which felt as if it just did'nt want to turn.

Both cars' suspensions were as per factory spec for the road. I enquired about the handling discrepancies between the two cars and was informed that the full roll cage on the CS car helped stiffen the body and chassis whereas the Comfort model's body was flexing . I questioned that the 996TT body/chassis felt very taut and stiff and the reply was that extra tautness came with the drive-shaft and housing for the 4WD.

Now my question is whether the increased body stregthening/stiffening on 02MY 996 included the turbo bodied cars. This would help my decision making between the two choices a lot easier.

Thanks in advance.

Gavin