JR-550:

I was already a few time on the Porsche Ice training in Finland. Hete I drove with Panamera's, 911's and last time for the first time Cayman. The Cayman is considered as a mid engine care and we were all looking forward to drift with the mid engine care since this was supposed to be the best. Almost nobody was able to control a drift with the cayman a big disappointment. So I agree what is mentioned here mid engine is better on track balance etc but it gets in a spin for me as amateur driver more difficult. I drive both 911 and Audi R8 on the track and although the R8 should have better balance the 911 is easier to drive for me.

The 911s are ridiculously easy to keep drift going especially the 4wd ones. and it's almost next to impossible to spin those modern 4wd 911s, C4S and Turbo and such. PTM aka Porsche Traction Management can pull a car straight from ridiculous slide angles, like basically 75-80 degrees. But the trick is to actually trust the system.

First year I did the ice driving I didn't. I thought the slide was too much, way past gone and give up. But I was told to just steer and nail the throttle harder, the front wheels WILL pull the car straight and it did every time.

Second year with that experience I was flying down the course basically like perpendicular to the road Smiley

You said Cayman, I assume it was last year with the flat 6s. This year it's the 718s with the turbo flat 4, a lot more powerful and easier to kick the tail out with throttle, but the car is also quite easy to balance in a drift, not as easy as a 911 but still easier than the flat 6s I drove last year. Not sure why but maybe chassis tuning or just my improved skill level.

--