Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
jerrygee said:
Quote:
Grant said:
Quote:
roadtrip said:
i couldn't afford em to begin with, so the idea of 10k + for brake job is a non-starter for me.

Replacing all 4 rotors costs MUCH more than $10k (reportedly around $20k)

You can get a complete PCCB kit including rotors and those beautiful yellow calipers for $13,100 from Suncoast Porsche.

I went with PCCB's on my 997S. Got to love that technology!

The more I read the more I think the whole $10K pccb pad brake job is chat board myth. But who knows I haven't heard from one person yet that's needed a pccb brake job. I'm going to be at my dealer Tuesday, I'm going to ask for quotes on both steel & Carbon Ceramic.

It does seem strange that you can buy and entire 997 PCCB set-up (calipers, rotors w/ pads)for $13k and people are saying it's $10k just for a pad change. I like this quote:

"The brakes are designed for both rapid deceleration and optimum consistency over the widest range of temperatures. The key advantage of PCCB, however, is the total weight saving over conventional metal discs of approximately 50%. As well as enhancing performance and fuel economy, this huge reduction in both unsprung weight and rotating masses offers major benefits in terms of comfort and road-holding, especially on poor road surfaces".

We have alot of corrugated asphault here and these pccb's are fantastic ..the unsprung weight reduction is quite noticeable. and the sticks to the road like glue especially when it gets choppy. I am very happy I got them, no regrets.