Much like Rich C (see his post) my Boxster had become a very expensive garage ornament, as we've tried unsuccessfully to run three cars. (I've got a Ford Mondeo TDCi as my daily drive as I have quite a high mileage, around 20,000 annually and my job entails a lot of time in shipyards and docks, not exactly an ideal environment to take a Porsche)! Unfortunately SWMBO has always hated the sports seats in our first Boxster, and being "vertically challenged" found it quite impossible to drive with them. The relationship of sports seats to steering wheel to clutch pedal was hopeless for her. She found the standard seats a revelation, and in a recent test drive was happy immediately. According to my OPC quite a high percentage of customers who specify sports seats in their first Porsche don't have them in subsequent cars.

So, as a result we've parted with our March 05 arctic silver Boxster S and ordered a new 07 Boxster S 3.4 for October delivery. SWMBO will sell her current car privately when the Boxster arrives and then use it weekdays for commuting and if I am a good boy she has promised to let me drive it at weekends.

We have also had the benefit of specifying the new car with the benefits of "Lessons Learnt" from the first one.

My thanks go to porsche-jeck and wtsnet for their valued opinions and guidance, as I only had five days from order to spec-frozen state as I had taken up one of my dealer's "pre-ordered" slots to shorten the wait.

The specification for the next Boxster is :-

Cobalt Blue Metallic.
We have always loved the colour but baulked at paying "special" price for it. For 07 it is a "standard" metallic, so a no-brainer for us. Whenever we visit our dealer his park is a sea of silvers and greys. Nice to have a different colour!

Ocean Blue Full Leather.
We liked the colour and full leather with our first car, so we've gone with it again.

Park-Assist.
Regretted not having it on the first car as we had to spec the first car unseen. We both find rear visibility over the soft top / engine cover "hump" when reversing took some getting used to.

Autodim Mirrors and Rain Sensing Wipers
Bi Xenon Lights
Wind Deflector
PASM
Automatic Climate Control
Seat Heating
Porsche Communication Management
Sports Steering Wheel
All worked brilliantly on the first car so we are having them again.

19" Carrera Classic wheels
Always been my favourite wheel, couldn't have them on the first car as it was an early production. Having the coloured wheel centres again.

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Any device that improves safety is worth having. All too easy to take tyre pressures for granted.

Electrically Adjusted Memory Seats
Finer range of adjustments than the standard seats, with benefits of "key memory", autodip nearside mirror when manoeuvring and orthopaedic adjustment.

Rear Section of Centre Console in Aluminium Look
Roll Bars in Aluminium Look
Chosen to contrast with the otherwise all-blue theme.

Sound Package Plus
Had Bose in our first car, sounded great when the car was stopped, but of little benefit when driving. I prefer the sound of the engine to any sound system anyway!

Not having the 6 x CD player this time as the PCM now has MP3 capability which makes the 6 x CD player redundant. IF an IT dinosaur like me can work out how to successfully burn MP3's on my computer!