Herbaliser:

Next to the 720S and the Performante in Geneva I didn't even consider the 812. It's a Ferrari for the older customers, not for those with insatiable hunger for performance from a mid-engined spaceship :) 

I am quite sure that the 812 won't be much slower than the 720S and when have you been to the track lately? Both aren't your typical track cars, so... Smiley

On the Autobahn, turbo charged engines rock, they offer endless power and a very pleasant boost with the illusion of excessive power. On country roads or tracks with lots of tight curves, n/a engines prevail in the fun domain.

If I had the money, I would probably get a Huracan Performante for country roads/mountain roads/track fun and a 720S for the Autobahn (seriously). If someone isn't really into AWD cars (I love AWD cars...), the 812 could offer both worlds in one package. Labeling the 812 as a car for old people is kind of shortsighted in my opinion. I do not think the 812 is slow...neither on the Autobahn nor on the track.

Regarding the 991 GT2 RS and the 488 Speciale: I doubt that these cars will beat 720S straight line performance but you never know. Ferrari surely has upped their (hp) game lately, something Porsche could seriously take a lesson from and even Porsche may have understood the sign of the times, upping their game with the GT2 RS. If not...well...this could go sideways. I do not think the GT2 RS would be a failure, even with 650 hp only but it surely won't create the demand of the GT3 RS or new GT3 if the straight line performance isn't there... 0-200 kph in under 8 seconds would be great but I rather think 8.5 seconds are more realistic. Unless Porsche really started to get p.ss.d at McLaren/Ferrari, finally starting to understand that they need to (at least) keep up and the n/a GT models won't cut it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)