in that case why did an m6 in a flat out drag race in Autocars Uk high speed challenge reach the same terminal speed as the 997tt ? Both hit 167mph approx.
And also please explain why i noticed the 997tt above 125 was no quicker than my M6.Don't get me wrong overall the 997tt is faster especially below 100mph,but if you did a rolling start race above 100mph the turbo would not pull much if at all from an m6.
You can quote all the figures you want,and fyi i have seen m6s beat techart 996 turbos with 550bhp in a drag race..the porsche pulls away first but as the speed rises the m6 catches and then overtakes the 996tt.
Please bear in mind that no bmw -v10 engine that has been dynoed has shown less then 530-540bhop ..that i know of.Two dyno testes in magazines over here showed outputs of 550bhp.
i am not buying the tt for asn improvement in performance because having driven both ..it is negligible at higher speeds..but because of the handling and the fact that i can have a manual transmission.But in a straight line I was underwhelmed by the turbos performance after 100mph.