Quote:
KresoF1 said:
Imagine situation when Gallardo driver is driving 280km/h on the autobahn... When will 997 Turbo driver be able to overtake Her/Him? Never...

Thank you for confirming that this is indeed a crazy discussion. I am not in the least interested in overtaking any car who is doing 280 on the autobahn.
I want a good every day car with lots of power to have fun in a safe way. I test drove the Gallardo because I like it so much and really was thinking of buying one at some point. But the Turbo is a better proposition for me so I ended up ordering that car. I am , as you , a car enthusiast.
It will the first new Porsche I buy. I have spent lots of money on new cars but never on a new Porsche. This time Porsche was able to convince me they 'had' something.
It's not that I dislike the Gallardo, on the contrary, but it is not the car I wanted to take home.

Please do not read anything more in to it. The Gallorda can be quicker at higher speeds. No problem with that. Just be fair in your comparison.

My only remark towards this post was that you should not compare a car's track time if not on the same type of tire. By all means , if the Gallardo is quicker to 200mph , so be it ! what does it matter to me ? nothing at all.