Quote:
trip said:
Kreso it is funny how angry you get about me using the word lie, you were the one who made the error and I meant no offense by it. By the way, did the Gallardo (and f430 for that matter) tested in all of these events have corsas? if I remeber correctly it did. Comparing a car on street tires to one with track tires is ridiculous. The ignorance you display by making these comparisons surprises me . How about the cars in the supertest, are they all running street tires or are some wearing corsas? Again this makes a huge difference. Remember that the 997 turbo 6spd/LSD lapped the ring in 7:42 with Cup tires in the hands of Walter Rohl. Are you saying he made these numbers up? Porsche has been notoriously conservative with performance times (unlike some Italian brands) so I beleive him over you. I even read a claim by Motortrend of a the same turbo hitting 7:40. Now they are obviously less credible but impressive numbers none the less. Bringing up my age is a pretty cheap shot and fairly irrelevant considering I have never displayed a lack of knowledge on the subject.

Trip, calling Kreso a liar WAS going too far, although I'm sure you didn't mean it in that way. The problem wirth Porsche's claimed factory times for the Ring is that they are just that - claimed. I don't trust Porsche any more than Chevrolet with its 7:42.9 time. Kreso really knows what he's talking about, so let's put our porschephile feelings aside for a moment. After all, he HAS a Turbo on order and if he says that about the car, then you can be sure he isn't pulling things out of his rear.

Kreso, looking forward to it!