Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
993S said:
I hardly think Porsche should retool the car (was that a serious comment btw )
This was there conclusion (in short, not the 'i love typing version') :
the Turbo manages to rock the GT on its heels , both with tremendous off-the-line ability and its ripling in gear response, before finally yielding when the pace becomes largely academic. On the road, it also holds its own, with dizzying, sustained pace and effortless overtaking punch.
There's no denying it, when unleashed the 911 turbo is monstrously rapid. The everday supercar accolade is well deserved.

I was serious. They need to remove the vacuum cleaner sound exhaust and replace it with something more befitting of a supercar (if that is what it is). Second, other reviewrs have complained about lack of steering wheel feel and oversteer problems what has been referred to as a twitchy squirrely rear end. Yuck!

Porsche should fix the damn car.

Although I would agree with you re exhaust sound, I actually believe that most clients are happy with the stock setup. Just about enough.
It's an all purpose car. Attracting F430 clientele but also, and more, I think, Bentley GT, DB9, CL63, etc...
It really is the compromise car by excellence, and it does an excellent job at it.
For a proper hardcore noisy drive, opt for the GT3 or RS.
As for the twitchy handling, I haven't driven one yet, but my 997 is 100% fine, best handling car I've ever driven, incl. F360 and Boxster. (I'm yet to drive a 430).