Well, this is my first Porsche (and in fact, my first sports car), so it's hard to compare it to anything else. However, I'm blown away by every aspect of the vehicle. It was very comfortable despite clocking 10 hour days in it; and even with only the default instrument finishes, the interior has a very rich feel to it. The exhaust noise is very muscular but also refined; it's loud enough to turn the heads off onlookers, but not enough to be annoying. I understand now what 'Turbo lag' means, it can take the car a moment to respond to rapid throttling. However, this is only really noticable if you're trying to floor it from a stop (in which case you can eliminate the lag by revving and braking and then releasing the brake). Further, once the turbo does kick in, the feeling is more of being strapped to a cruise missle than driving a car.
I should point out that I got the tip (I don't drive stick), and I'm very happy with the gearshifting, especially in sport mode.
I can only describe the general experience, in terms of performance, styling, comfort and public reaction (24 thumbs-up from other motorists, at last count) as awesome.

One more general Porsche question- how good will this thing look if I get it waxed? The car is pretty filthy from all the highway driving. I'm having it washed Friday. I had a clear-bra installed (mostly to prevent dings on the road trip), so I'm choosing between just washing it and taking the clear-bra off and washing and waxing it. How long does a waxing last, and do you think it's worth it?