Quote:
DavidSF said:
Quote:
Gary(SF) said:
Quote:
Rossi said:
Ferrari succeeded in creating one of the greatest mid-engined sports cars ever made, by developing the F430 out of the (relatively) disappointing 360 Modena. The F430 surely is as much (if not more) a masterpiece, as Porsche claims for their new Turbo. And if Ferrari continues on its way and will introduce all these goodies now seen at the 599 in the 430 successor, combined with an all new, even more exciting shape than the F430 - which is basically "only" a beefed up version of the original 360 design in that respect - I can't wait for 2009.

I can't agree with your 360 assessment. Until I bought the 430, the 360 was, by a large margin, the best, most entertaining, most satisfying car I ever owned, and I have owned perhaps a dozen Porsches. I would still pick it over any Porsche except the CGT. Absolutely nothing disappointing about that car at all.

Gary

There's always something better isn't there? It's true, there are people out there that consider the F360 a boring car.

David

I didn't say the 360 is boring, I said it is disappointing. And this only, if you compare it to its predecessor, the F355.

The 355 had it all: looks, sound, speed etc. For me the 355 is one of the greatest designs of a modern Ferrari. Compared to it the 360 looks relatively bland. Also the sound of the 355's stock exhaust is marvelous, the 360 is a major let down in this respect (for me the reason, why the 430 sounds so fabulous). And if you compare the data for acceleration and top speed you won't find much difference between the 355 and the 360.
Of course the latter is the more modern car by far, chassis stability is worlds apart, but to me the 355 had more soul. That's why I said I find the 360 relatively disappointing. Relatively means, if you compare it to the 355, if you don't the 360 surely is a nice car.