Quote:
Ron (Houston) said:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/RoadTest_Summary.asp?RT_ID=221373

The conclusion:

4.5 star out of 5

Why not a perfect five, you're no doubt wondering? Three things: the lack of steering feel, the amount of tyre roar it generates on motorways, and the size of the fuel tank.

Lack of steering feel ?

Can a new owner elaborate on this one please.

I have not noticed the roar--I have about 300 miles on my 997tt. I also do not get the steering feel point--it clearly is better than my two previous P cars (an 01 996tt that I put about 70K miles on and a 997S that I had about 20K miles on). I find the new car is lighter than the 996tt in terms of steering feel, and I notice an improvement in precision and balance. I found the 997S to have terrific feel (that was one of the reasons I traded in the 996tt) but the 997S was a little light in the front -- the 997tt does not have that issue for me.

I have driven some narrow twisty roads out here with all three cars and the 997tt provides me with the most confidence and driving pleasure. It is easy to carry tons of pace through curves and stay in a lane even on hilly curvy backroads. For those of you that know the area, I am talking about Skyline Drive on the SF Peninsula and the even tighter roads that lead up to it.

At this point I am very happy with the car. The power is incredible, even without Sport mode engaged. The ability to tighten things up and quicken the pace further with Sport mode provides for a wonderfully flexible car. I got mine in black with a natural brown interior--that combination came out really well IMHO . No wood or carbon fiber- just lots of extra leather. Other options include Sport Chrono, Sport Shifter, Sport Seats, LSD, PCCB. I just love the car.