Quote:
Silver Bullet said:
I'm in Hamburg on business, and I've seen many beautiful 911's here as I walk around with a big smile on my face. It seems that, as far as 997's go, C2's seem to outnumber C2S's by about 4 to 1, which I'm sure is not the case in North America. Is it cost? Taxes on the larger engine?

If I recall correctly Hamburg is Germany's P-car capital (with Munich in 2nd place and Düsseldorf in 3rd place), so I guess that there are a lot of buyers who are using their Carrera just as a daily commuter (no "need for speed" guys )
In the region where I live (near D'dorf - lots of P-cars also like said above) I guess it's more like a 50/50 ratio (unfortunately no "scientific" database available as PAG doesn't publish "S" vs. "non-S" sales).
Anyway I think you're right with the general observation that the "non-S" share is higher in Germany compared to the US ("S" share seems to be higher in countries with strict speed limits ).
Taxes are not an issue (no big difference) - I guess either buyers are more price sensitive or they don't appreciate the "S" advantages for their daily commute.