Quote:
Dan L said:
Quote:
SVNSVN said:
Quote:
Dan L said:
GREAT news! I suppose Porsche doesn't care at that point,--they already got paid. Will elevate it with my local sales guys and PCNA.

Dan,

Is this common? What the heck! I'm cutting a check next month for my Euro delivery...

This is all news to me. I knew in advance that Porsche asks us to anti-up $10,000 to help with the VAT security deposit (Porsche takes care of the balance with their 'Feds',--which they refund to us with interest. We never lose that money. No one is getting away with that sort of money.

When it comes to registering the car in California the state is entitled to their percentage based upon the sales price, not some imaginery number that has nothing to do with what you paid. When I paid for my car, I specifically cut them two checks,--one for the actual "sales price" and a second one for the VAT deposit of $10K which I should see again very soon when the Porsche has cleared Germany's borders. (Of course a lot of that will go to California for the sales tax!)

Dan

Dan,

So we will be taxed on the VAT too- but separately? Hopefully my salesperson will let me know today.