Not sure I agree. Is it that people want silver or is it because silver has been marketed to them? I tend to think its the marketing. In the US anyway it has become very, very conservative with everything especially color. If you drive around the US all the houses are the same color and the cars are all the same. Maybe people have a need to conform. Like I said I dont know.

I wouldnt worry to much about the car depreciation because Porsche's seem to to take a huge hit regardless of color. I looked at a 2003 Boxster. Originally sold for $62.5 and now is selling for $39K. Thats about a 33% depreciation hit. Not insignifigant.

Quote:
amazon said:
You guys get it the wrong way around.

If car manufacturer offers mostly different shades of greys and blacks, it's because people who buy cars want these colors.

Car manudacturers are not dumb. They offer colors people want. That's why porsche is always re-thinking its greys. It was seal, now it's meteor but no one can actually see the difference between these 2 colors.

If people were ready to order bright colors, porsche would offer them. Actually porsche would have no choice but to offer them if they don't want sales to fell. But the truth is, no one has the courage to do so.

For instance, I've never seen a red golf, not even a GT1. People are afraid. Lose money, too gay, too flashy, too what ever.