Oh well, time will tell, but judging by previous AMG's and rennteams general opinion about Mercedes handling, I think we all know what a foregone conclusion it'll be

RC, as for reliability well I'm not going to say Mercedes cars are bulletproof, but I will say they're packed full of technology, and its basically feels like you're driving a computer! I know the majority of people like the purer things, but I kinda prefer technology. I know its not fun being stranded on the motorway one snowy night just because the airbag was acting up, but eventually over time, things will get sorted out. Your Porsche was so reliable since it never had anywhere near the level of tech that you get in a Mercedes, just look at a CL brochure, or an SL owners manual and you just know Mercedes doesn't make "simple" cars anymore.

For me personally I love the technology in a Mercedes, everything from what the engine management is doing or how the transmission is learning my driving and adjusting accordingly. I know inevitably I might get stranded one day, but I'll always know that Mercedes tested the car and engineered it like no other, whether it was an A-class or the Maybach, call it blind faith, call it stupidity, my loyalty remains true.

The way I see it, you can either have all this cutting edge tech now and show off to the neighbours regardless if its works or not, or you can wait for the mk30 VW Golf to have it in a decades time...