Quote:
VKSF said:
Quote:
fritz said:
..but my sense is both RR/B have underwhelming sales and are on a downward sales trajectory, despite the enormous wealth creation of past 7 yrs....

Prob a strategically weak game to market "fashion-centric" $150K+ cars, since most guys who can afford $150K+ cars aren't into either "fashion" or "advertising"...ironically, even most of the "suits" (and capitalist-owners) in the media/entertainment business tend to drive 2-3 yo, dusty blk/silver SL/S/CL's; live in modest houses in sleepy, low-profile Brentwood/Palisades; and wear cheap, off-the-rack suits from NeimanBH...but their lifestyles prob wouldn't be very appealing as part of a rap video/lifestyles of the supposedly rich and/or famous video....

My comment doesn't cover the USA, but I had lunch with the CEO of Rolls Royce & Bentley's official importer on Friday, they imported and sold only 98 cars in 1998.

Last year they sold 496 - only because they couldn't meet the demand!

Since the Continental GT has been introduced a whole new crowd has shown interest in Bentley and sales have soured globally for that particular model.

Maybe its not had such a good impact in more important markets like the UK & USA.