For my C2S, I have the following oil consumption statistics:

1) the first 1716 miles, I added 650 ml, or about 0.7 quarts;

2) by 2170 miles, or additional 454 miles, I had to add another 400 ml;

3) by 2306 miles, or an additional 136 miles, I had to add another 200 ml;

4) by 3067 miles, or additional 761 miles, I had to add another 200 ml.

5) by 3615 miles, or an additional 548 miles, it looks like I have to add another 200 ml. (I went for a 200 mile drive today and was running the car between 3,000 - 4,000 rpm most of the time).

That makes an estimated total oil consumption of 1,650 ml, or about 0.456 ml of oil consumption per mile traveled. From my data, it appears that oil consumption is declining as my mileage increases. I was told by a friend that it takes longer for the piston rings to seat properly when using synthetic oil. I'll see what its like when the car gets 5,000 miles on it.

When I asked the dealer about oil consumption (at around 1800 miles), I was told that it was within the normal range.

I polled some Rennteamers a few months ago on oil consumption and got about 10 responses. I got a mean consumption of .289 ml per mile. A rough rule is that you can be 95% sure that your oil consumption is normal if it is within two standard deviations of the mean measure. Based on the small sample response I got, that would place the confidence interval between 0 consumption and 0.555 ml per mile. If this is accurate, that puts my C2S's oil consumption within that interval and is normal.

I'll check the responses on this posting and do some simple computations to see if these newer data significantly alter the results I cited above.

Jim