Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
355Spider said:
Quote:
Dock (Atlanta) said:
Quote:
355Spider said:ACtually I think they are going to be very close in most instances. I've said all along i think the 997TT will be faster off the line and the Z will be faster from a roll which is what real world experience is starting to show.

And if magazine tests show the two cars being essentially equal from a roll, where does thet leave you with your horsepower/weight argument?

Well the poster of this thread and most magazines have already proven my theory so where does that leave you?

as the poster of this thread, I have to inform you that the suject 997TT hadn't been properly run in at the time of testing, while the C6Z had. I'd give it another several thousand miles to get fully broken in and then compare it to the Z again (Porsche engines are notorious for 'waking up' after about 5000-6500 miles). There is a reason Porsche had a C6Z in their testing center and I believe they made the Turbo just as fast as the Z (but only just).

I don't buy that. The TT had 1200 miles on it and the Z had 2000. How is that make the Z more properly run in? ANd most guys are finding the same thing in their Zs. After about 5K they are getting another 15-20hp so I would say it's still even with the engines.