Quote:
W8MM said:
I can well see why RC cautions against "chipping" a 997TT until all the tuners have had a chance to explode a few motors during "development". The magic interaction between the motor ECU and those for the transmission and fore/aft AWD clutch pack is also bound to be somewhat mysterious for those not educated by Porsche's engineering department.

Just think, would one like to fly in an airliner that had a "tuner's chip" installed in the rudder servo control box?

Very well analyzed, Mike. The problem though is that most people leave their brains at home when they visit Tuners.
I'm pretty sure that a talented Tuner can program some real magic into the 997 TT ECU. The problem is that it has to work with the other networked black boxes too.
The only reliable and somehow trouble free solution would be to deactivate the overboost limitation as a first step.
The second step may be raising the boost pressure generally by 0.1 or 0.2 bar, with some minor mods to fuel distribution too.

Any other mods should be done with a lot of caution because changing the mapping could have a serious impact on the whole networked PTM/PASM/Tiptronic design.
This is why I suggested to wait until Tuners get some experience with the new VTG technology. The new VTG chargers offer an incredible potential for tuning.