Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
KresoF1 said:
Christian,
Do you know what I did today? Changed my order to TIP! Why? Well, let say simply that I trust you!
It also moved my production date to late October 2006... Waiting will kill me... BTW, you were rigth TIP time from 0-200km/h is according to my friend from AMS around 11.7s...
Now, few questions for you:
If I do not "power-torque" what is the best way for smooth/fast start:
-SC on, D mode or
-SC on, M mode??
At 300km/h(tacho) how many rpm's on TIP(of course in 5.)?
So, your opinion is trusted this time.
BTW, I did not give up manual gearbox! It will be in my track toy-new 997 GT3RS!!
Thanks again,
Kreso

You're kidding me, right?
If you have a GT3 RS on order, the Tip in the 997 Turbo is just perfect. You always have a perfect track car and a street monster too.

Without power torque method, you really need to get a bit of speed to be able to achieve a decent performance. Even 20 kph are enough but the car has to be moving. This is actually the only annoying thing with the Tip.

I always drive with Sport Chrono ON and it starts off in 1. gear. Turning PSM off doesn't help with starting off faster but it may be useful when driving hard (caution: heavy oversteer!!!). I didn't look at the rpm at 300 kph on the speedo but CF did 326 kph on the speedo when he reached the rev limiter, maybe this helps.

You'll love it when you drive it hard, you can have both hands at the steering wheel all the time, this is like somebody is actually doing the shifting AND shifting thinking for you, incredible fun.

326km/h ?!%@

So I take it the top speed 310km/h(193mph) given by porsche is just an ink on paper ?