Quote:
nberry said:
I am surprise. Test showed from 80-120 the TT destroyed everyone. However, that is because all the cars were forced to use 6th gear. Obviously the gearing played a major role.

From the start the TT with AWD would be quicker but once they begin to hit serious numbers, the TT is coughing the Z06 exhaust.

The more I read about the TT performance the less impressed I am becoming. When you factor in its rather pedestrian styling with vacuum cleaner exhaust sound, I suspect many buyer's are going to be disappointed. My God they had two years to develop a perf. cars to beat the competition and this is the best they can do.

Your sentiments are very valid, however, like I've said, the Turbo needs several thousand miles to really get broken in and performance should improve markedly. I'd even venture to say that the outcome would be different with the TT having 900 more miles than it had.
Also, one shouldn't discount its amazing capabilities on the road, as I truly believe this is the best sports car for on-road driving to date.