Quote:
adelaide said:
I would imagine many people will be switching to either a TT or GT3 in the next few months from their current 997S.

I'm guessing quite a few used 997S' will appear on the market in the next while because of this.

Those that are not trading their cars into a dealer, I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board (like myself) who would be interested in your vehicle before it got sold to a wholesaler / dealer who would put on their subsequent mark-up.

I'm just looking to purchase and i'm sure a lot of board members are going to sell in the near future.

Sadly I wouldn't 'upgrade' my Carrera S Cab for a new Turbo or GT3 even if it was a no-cost exchange

>> The Turbo (IMHO) just doesn't have the looks and the passion (compared to Italian alternatives) that a Pounds100k+ supercar should have. Plus my current Carrera S is just as good a GT car as the TT given the speed limits here outside of German Autobarns.

>> The GT3 (IMHO) is a bit too track oriented for my tastes, plus I'm no fan of large rear wings.

Yes I know both the TT and GT3 would go like bats out of hell but the looks just don't do it for me, and with dream-cars that's half the reason.

So until the equivalent 998 Carrera S Cab model comes out I don't think I will ever consider trading in.

My next dream car though I think will be an addition, not a substitution... probably an F430 or Gallardo, with my Carrera S Cab being my GT car. Hopefully in the next 5 years.