Quote:
Grant said:
Quote:
Turbo Al said:As Hurst said, 1.2bar-cool! I bet you have more than 425 peak bhp

Absolutely! The M15 makes 455hp at 1.2 Bar, but has a new gearbox to handle the add'l juice. I think I'd leave my boost level stock, since the gearbox is supposedly the weak link in the drivetrain...

Absolutely Grant,

I wouldn't upgrade the power without upgrading the tranny-amongst other things-partly why I await western New York's lovely winter (the days are already getting shorter-less than six months and counting ), since I wouldn't be driving it for months on end and would put up with sending it away for work-I'll also await the run-in.

As you likely know, part of the fun of these kit cars is the pre-requisite buyer-controlled final assembly as well as the lower financial risk of "tweaking" and tuning the car, and thus losing one's warranty coverage-since there isn't much coverage in the first place.

Indeed, the new M15 I believe uses the same Ford Duratec 3.0L V6, and Ford plans to make a 3.5L version for use on some of their traditional line-up. I understand the overall engine is similar to the 3.0 in terms of external dimensions, just with a 17% (3.0 to 3.5) gain in displacement. But I wouldn't think about anything like that-at least not until I nuke the stock engine.