I've just got hold of a v1 as i'm in the uk and had to buy from europe...

I have been testing it out on our camera vans which use the lti 2020 and it does give an advanced warning to laser, because we went passed this van so many times and they werent firing at us probibly because they can guess were not speeding......

We must have been passed at least 10 times before we got an alert and thats only because a jeep overtook us and got in front and they were getting cars from a layby 0.4 to 0.6 mile away just as were coming around a curve!

At the time we got this warning they must have been firing across the central reservation.

And then a merc over too us and we got another laser alert, but what supprised us is just how late people were braking...

This merc must have travel at least 50 meters after he got lasered before he saw the van and braked!

They have been targetting drivers in an exstended 40mph road on the A34 in tittensor and yarlet in staffordshire..

only yesterday i found them in this spot and i never got an alert from it obviously they didnt fire at me, i think they know the car by now!!!

but i wasnt able to get an advanced alert, i think the road has a great affect on advanced warning to laser, i think its better when the road is straight and there are no dips etc..

theses camera vans are causing a major havoc on the uk roads..

heres what they use the lti laser with a video camera with a zoom lens on it, plus and lcd screen and a vcr.

this is where the van was parked

this is what the vans look like

and at 0.4 mile you cannot see what this van is as it looks blurred! but they can get your speed from 0.6 mile away, and unless you know what your looking for any van which looked blur and is parked at the side of the road you've had it....

i'll tell you an encounter i had not long ago it was last year, and i was chasing after a bmw up the A34 and its was a 70mph duel carrageway which has been reduced to 40mph and it now has the vans on it..

i was chasing the bmw andi was at about 50mph when through the hedges in the central res at the corner of my right eye i saw something blur and yellow and immediatly slammed the ancors on and i slowed jusy before the hedged finnished and i looked in my side mirrow to see a camera van on the opposite side! i knew they parked there thats why i jammed the brakes on when i saw something blur go passed me..

the bmw carried on so i dont know if they hit him at in the rear with laser but i bet they did....

on a few occasions i've encountered the vans and i loose memory if i was over the limit, as you have to watch your clock very careful. a laser detector can give you peace of mind, some people say they are just ticket informers may be

but question is if you spot them before they laser you and you slow down if needs be, then you can have a 14day worry free period that you wont be getting a ticket through...

or that even if your over the limit abit and they dont fire at you then if the detector doesnt alert then you know you probibly wont be getting a ticket....

this is what happened when i didnt have a v1, i encounted a van when i was just trying to get passed another car doing under the limit, when i saw the van thoughts in my head were saying what speed were you doing when you saw the van...

i didnt have much sleep for the following 2 week for fear f getting a ticket through....

obviously the v1 has changed my ways of driving and i'm not really on edge looking for the vans on certain roads..

as for the gatsometers the v1 seems to work better with no other traffic on the roads, too many cars seems to block the roange alittle.....

but i dont have anything bad to say about the valentine 1, only that its for left and drive cars but i can still see it in a rhd car.....

mike valentine quotes in the v1 manual

hope you enjoy your Valentine One as much as I enjoy
mine. Thanks for trusting me to find radar and laser for you.

i enjoy using the v1 as much as you enjoy your cgt...

thanks for giving me back my freedom of not driving without due care and attention (watching my speedometer)

v1 laser detection 10/10
mike valentine: engineer 10/10 ...

i just wish there were more people like mike..

mike if your reading this you should get yourself coloned so i have have your other ''mike'' and then i can have my own mike valentine co pilot, so i can avoid laser traps!