Guys, I'm hoping to collect my new 997S from the factory in Stuttgart on 25 Sept. My wife and I will then tour Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco & France for 2 weeks before heading home to the UK. In total, we will be driving around 3000 miles (about 4800km). I hope and expect that this drive will take care of the break-in period nicely.

My questions are:

1) with a new engine, how much engine oil should I expect the car to use in around 3000 miles of driving? i.e. will I need to add any more engine oil during my trip or will I be able to wait till I get back?

[Of course, I will take regular engine oil readings - I've read p101-102 and p181-183 of the US version of the 997 Owners Manual. From what I've read, I should take a reading on level ground with the engine off but with the ignition on. It states that the difference between max and min levels is 1.2 liters and that each segment marking corresponds to 0.4 liters].

2) Will I need anything else for the car? Obviously there's no spare tyre and I just hope I don't get a flat tyre or suffer a breakdown somewhere on my trip.

3) Any other tips guys?

Thanks!