Porker:
RC:
Porker:

What's the excuse for the GT R being quicker, RC? There must be something wrong with it? 

It seems to be faster on one track but maybe you can get one, I come with the R8 and we can try again. 😎

Seriously: It is definetely a fast car but straight line, it can't harm the R8 and on the track, well...it comes down 90% to driver skills anyway, so I'm not worried.

Btw: It was Markus who doubted the peformance of the GT R but since this is a press car and AMG has a "history" with press cars...well...why don't you get yourself one and we can try?! 😉

So if it's down to the driver, you'll definitely have the advantage, right? Smiley

Yes...  

You can mod a car as much as you want but in the end, it always comes down to the driver. So instead of wasting tons of money for chassis mods and whatnot, you better put this money into serious track training.

The question is only: What for? If you want to drive in the Porsche Cup or similar events, OK but for some track fun on weekends, a standard car with semi-slicks will do as well. Usually these harmless events are a lot of fun with friends. Unless you have the time and money to do proper training for whatever reasons. I would never get into professional motorsports again, it is a waste of time and money if you don't do it right.

Kidding aside, I'm very interested in the GT R as a product (don't really care how quick it is). The only thing I'm worried of on the basis of earlier GT's and GT S's is the horrendous depreciation. But given the current demand for the GT R that might be less of an issue with this model.

Not sure that a GT R will make you happy but there is always a depreciation risk involved. If you really like this car, go for it but keep in mind that a sheep won't become a wolf just because it is badass. 😉

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)