I took delivery in March 2006 but still lost sleep over this issue last night. My cousin just put down his deposit (non-refundable) last friday and he felt worst. I am trying to come up with a way to comfort myself but I think I am going to keep my car for another 4 years or so before I trade up. Finally, to me now (in HK, over 96/97% of cars are tiptronic due to traffic conditions as well as resale conditions... it's not a market which people drive stick), I won't upgrade until something superior like DSG comes up. My tiptronic s, while enough power, feels not only sluggish but slow. I still can't believe that my S sprints only from 0-100 km in 6.3 s. Now imagine how the guy next door of me feels now as he just got himself a brand new 997 cabrio tiptronic. That car sprints to 100 km in 5.7 s and even a manual boxster would blow him away and he paid what? 1.5 mil HK and that's almost 200K USD. 200K USD to be blown away by a boxster 2.7... I do agree with ADAM though that the 987 would ultimately nudge the 325 hp (current 997) range to keep up with competition. However, I am going to talk to my dealer and see how Porsche HK would deal with this marketing issue now. The phones at Porsche Centre couldn't stop ringing as tons of people are trying to get a refund. In the interim, I can see that the immediate solution now for them would be to throw in the 19" or some options to appease the angry boxster buyers but I also wonder how they will treat the Cayman guys. Frankly speaking, it is only a matter of a few years before we see a completely updated gearbox. Hence, I have decided not to trade up until then.