Quote:
A little comment regarding 22'' wheels: absolutely not recommended. Besides the fact that 22'' rims are usually (depending on the manufacturer) really heavy and the mounted tires usually aren't always to Porsche safety specs (speed and especially load index!), the damage of a 22'' can happen very often, even when driving on the street only. I've been shocked by the distance from the pavement to the rim when I looked at one of those 22'' rims. You just have to drive through a tiny pothole and you already damage your rim and maybe even the tire. Absolutely not recommended!

I'm sure glad you said this first because I have been thinking the same thing when I see forum contributors showing photos of those 22" wheels. I don't want to offend anyone but this really doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Even if you stay on the street 100% of the time.

You really have to be driving very hard and fast to exceed the capabilities of the standard 18" 255/55. I don't think there is a good performance reason to go beyond this size for the street. And who is there that plans to take the Cayenne to the track? We don't really need more dry pavement performance than this. Asthetics are a different matter. I really like the looks of the 19" wheel and the wider stance that tire gives the car. And I like the 20" sport technos as well. But, 20" really needs to be the practical limit for a street tire and wheel.