What a bummer! I just bought my 2006 987s 2006 Jan production and took delivery on March 21st before my bday. I now have this feeling that my sales professional actually knew about this 3-4 months ago. What's even more ridiculous was that I went into the dealership this friday to test drive the cayman s thinking of trading my 987s in for the hardtop. I posted him the question and he said he knew nothing about it. Of course he didn't... otherwise I wouldn't even consider test driving knowing that the next cayman cabrio will cost a lot less with the same setup. Actually, I am a little upset by this. It is a bit too soon (considering that in HK, the first shipment of 987s was around 2005 Jan) to do an upgrade. Afterall, it has been <2 years. It does make economic sense from a production standpoint but I just feel that this is a carefully planned out ingenious marketing plan to roll out the full lineup. First the 987s in 3.2 L and then the 987 c7 cayman with a 3.4 claiming to be different from boxster so we all put down our $$$. Then after they had gotten enough orders, then they slap you in the face. What's worst, now they rollout the boxster cabrio without the s to look the same as the cayman s.