Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
mkultra said:
well from the looks of things, the 997 tt is an amazing car. hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but it isn't that good looking (looks like any 911), it may or may not be faster than a F430, which is disappointing considering that the F430 is over a year old! and one year is huge in the sports car market. yes, the 997 tt is a year round sports car but i'm not buying a F430 to go through the snow banks. and i'm sorry but i would take a 430 anyday over a Porsche....better resale value, wow factor, performance and i have had more problems with my P cars than my F cars!

When will you Americans stop applying blanket statements to the entire world? The F430 can be had for almost the same price as the 997TT here in Europe and it also has similar resale value.
Doesn't look that good and looks just like another 911? The 911 is a sports car icon, it has a special place in every enthusiast's heart. Saying a car looks bad because of it shows ignorance.
The F430 has wow factor? It doesn't impress me any more than a 911 Turbo, seeing one on the street, but some of us are actually enthusiasts and don't care about the "wow" factor for impressing people we don't give a damn about or for picking up white trash girls.
If you want to take an F430 over a Porsche, go ahead, it's a great sports car. However, for the reasons you've just listed, you might be better off with an S-class on 22" spinners.

The US is by far the largest markets for BOTH manufacturer's so it's more accurate than using say,,,,,,,, Timbuktu.

I'd have to agree w/ the other poster regarding looks too. I'll stick up for the Porsche most of the time like I was yesterday but there's no comparison in the looks department.

btw: It doesn't have anything to do w/ "picking up white trash girls.". LOL!! Where'd that come from? lol!

The white trash usage was just a hyperbole, to illustrate a larger point. I don't care how big the US market is, the US are not the world. I can get a 430 here in 6 months or less, for roughly the same price as the 997TT. It won't sell much better either. Looks are subjective, but believe it or not, I prefer the 911 to the F430, looks wise. Nobody can argue against the 430's sound, performance and looks, but to some of us the 911 simply looks better. Couple that with better versatility, much better safety, better performance and heritage and you get a very recommendable car. Of course one can argue about Porsches being commonplace, but the world isn't Grenwich or Beverly hills, where you would see a Porsche every minute.