As a GTR prospect it's always good news to see it beating the R8 by a solid margin, yet on same track 991 GT3 RS was tad quicker at 1:35:00 so on a short circuit the GTR just doesn't have grip enough to beat the Porsche with its rear engine layout.

What I find bit irritating is the weight of the car in that test.

The car tested had all the lightweight goodies possible: Ceramic brakes, lighter seats, lighter wheels, no roll cage.

Thus, it should be pretty close to published weight? No, it's still 62 kg heavier (1617 kg tested vs 1555 kg factory claim), that's a huge difference, 137 lbs for American readers.

This is bit same game than with Porsche, you weight your GT3 (RS) and perhaps cannot get close to the factory claim? However, with Porsche it's easy to agree on the difference, as I believe their weight claims are based on very lightweight spec cars with PCCB, bucket seats, li-on battery, radio delete, air con delete, and lightweight headlights, and no roll cage. So basically, if you spec your car the lightest way possible, the Porsche factory claim should be quite right.

But with this Mercedes, how can you take off another 62 kg of that test car? No radio or air con delete at least possible? Perhaps it hard Burmester system and Parktronic etc., but those are maybe +10 kg...And the fancy paint might be +2kg...So how you get the rest 50 kg off to get to the factory figure?

P.S. I have removed 150 kg of weight from my 996 Turbo compared to factory figures, so would not want to do that route again ($$$)... angryindecision

--
996 Turbo, +150hp & -150kg, Nürburgring BTG 7:15, so far...

Granturismo S MC-Shift, Daily driver with the sound