As some of you may know, I ordered a GT3, with expected delivery time end of may.
Last week, dealer called and delayed the car about 2 months (delivery end of july), but proposed me a GT3 MY04 SC configuration, which was cancelled by the customer.
First I suspect that the delay is a kind of way to sell the car in stock.
The car is a bit different as the one I ordered, and they have to add some options at the garage :
1. cruise control
2. change seats (the SC one's are w/o leather)
3. add the central console
4. dashboard in silver etc ...
I suppose the customer lost his "engagement money". B/c as far as i know, they won't accept any order without "engagement".
They also have another GT3 in stock, in yellow (which I don't like). So they have 2 GT3's in stock, plus mine who will come end of july.
For me no problem to wait one or two months more, really ... even if I think one month is enough.
Do you think I should negotiate the price of that car in stock, because i suppose that they will keep the engagement money, since the customer cancelled the order.Plus the dealer told me that the car is identical on every points with the one I ordered ... he lies. I think the SC has a single mass flywheel, right ?
In general, for every kind of stuff, i would negotiate, but with a Porsche, don't know....
What would you do ?
your opinion is appreciated