Quote:
GT said:
Now I don't think that this was "again" a competely inexperienced driver etc etc since they only drive porches in that magazine..

1. it makes a difference if somebody drives ONLY Porsche cars and doesn't drive home in a VW Golf.
2. most car journalists seem to be "clever" enough to make claims about Tiptronic but they apparently "forget" that there is a manual mode too with Tip.

Oh well...what do I know...I'm just the guy who had similar discussions with 996 Turbo critics (it was about the 420 HP "only" and other 993 Turbo vs. 996 Turbo related issues) and some of the critics ended up paying up to 50000 USD (hi Steve! ) because they didn't listen (and didn't "pay attention" to our subtle hints).

For maximum possible performance in the hands of 95% of the drivers out there...Tip it is. It isn't my fault if most of the people choosing manual are considering themselves part of the remaining 5%. And a REALLY last word regarding manual vs. Tip: there is nothing wrong with manual, it is fun of course. But I bet that 90% of those choosing manual would have chosen PDK instead if available. And this is actually the point where I start to doubt the logic behind some of the decisions regarding manual. But like I said before: to each his own but don't say I didn't tell you. I hate to be right (almost) all the time.