Ron, the Gallardo is a beauty and the more I look at it, the more I like it. Definetely a very attractive alternative to Porsche and Ferrari.
But (and here it comes...): you have a little child and I bet you spend the weekends with your wife and your kid. Are you sure you have the time to enjoy the Gallardo? Having such a beauty sitting in the garage most of the time doesn't make life easier for you, believe me.

I actually took a wise decision (for my situation): I went for a Cayenne Turbo to have something special and to be able to move the whole family too. After the 3-year lease, I can decide if I want to buy the Cayenne Turbo or return it back and go for a 997 Turbo instead. I even can buy the Cayenne Turbo and go for a Lamborghini Gallardo, there are so many options which have to be considered in 3 years. The kids will be older and they don't have to be with us all the time.

Don't make a fast move without considering all facts. I made a fatal mistake when I sold my 996 Turbo and went for a E55 AMG instead. I should have gone for a Cayenne Turbo immediately without having to learn that the E55 wasn't the right car for me. I rushed buying the E55 because I really liked it and because my Porsche dealer didn't show any real interest in buying my 996 Turbo. There also was the good offer for my used 996 Turbo from my local Mercedes dealer.

To make it short: talk to your wife, don't let your feelings rush you into buying a car you might not be able to drive most of the time. For me, this would be even worse than owning one because I HAVE to drive my cars and I bet you're the same.

Take your time making the right decision.