Yesterday I took my 964 Carrera 4 to one of the local ''  Porsche 911 guru ''  . We have two in the region, with clients coming from all of Europe to have their cars restored and modified  . One does cars up to the 964 and the other one does cars up to the Carrera 3.2  . 

The one doing up to the 964 does mostly racing models and he had a few beasts on the table , ranging from RSR from the 70'/ 80's s  to a 904 .

I asked him if he could transform my 964 into something light , responsive , fun  and still road legal .

After some discussion he advised me to sell it as it is and get a 1974 Carrera 2.7   ( not RS ) as that would be the most enjoyable car for me to drive on public road . Screaming engine, very light and a chassis super precise . He would also upgrade it as to make it the best possible for me .   He has one, that needs some restoration . Price would be steep , but could be an investment .

Now I have to think ....... It would be a big jump for me .  He reckons that once I' ll drive the 2.7 I would get rid of more then one of my Porsche .

Any thoughts from people who might have owned one ?

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS