Quote:
nberry said:
It is true that Porsche opted to save weight by going with the lighter plastic.
...the structure according to two magazine is is weaker compared to the other cars bonded with alloy (a substance composed of two or more metals or of metal and nonmetal) if struck from the rear.

What I find interesting is the chassis of the CGT is identical to the Enzo and yet JS in his article (undoubtly fed by Porsche) claims the CGT chassis is superior to the others.

This gratutious and untrue remark is an indication to what extent Porsche through its shills are hyping this car.

Porsche opted to save weight?
Hey, that'll be good news to a lot of guys on rennteam.com who didn't think Porsche was doing anything like enough in that direction.

Thanks for telling us what an alloy is. I'd often wondered.

"according to two magazines"?
No names, no facts, no test results?
And again, these guys who write for magazines really know what they are talking about, right? They even do rear-end crash tests on cars and then report the results.

Come to think of it, some of them really do carry out rear-end crash tests, but not intentionally. I'm not so sure they report the results though.

" .... gratuitous and untrue remark ..."
As will undoubtably be demonstrated by the test results you will provide us with.

" ... the chassis of the CGT and Enzo are identical ..."

Just because they are both made of CFC?
Are the San Francisco Bay Bridge and the Hummer identical just because they are both made of steel?

"Porsche ... hyping this car".

Naaah! A car manufacturer hyping its product? Never! There must be laws against that.

fritz