I'm at around 2,500 right now and already the degree to which the car has "opened up" is really surprising. The engine seems to rev much more freely than even 500 miles ago (before that I was pretty religous about following the break-in recommendations, so I don't know what pushing the car earlier on would have felt like).

What's equally surprising to me is how much better it handles now. Just this weekend I really noticed that the suspension feels much more responsive all of a sudden. Early on the car frankly felt a touch ponderous sometimes ... a bit heavy. Now it seems just perfectly balanced and ultra-responsive. This weekend I was wringing it out a bit on some twisty roads and the way the car just rotated neutrally in perfect response to what I was trying to do was simply astounding.

It's tempting to assume I'm just getting better at really exploiting the car's potential since I can't come up with a "mecahnical" explanation for all this. However, I don't think this is the case. I'm noticing all this even when I'm NOT really pushing the car. Also, the change is pretty dramatic and sudden ... too much so for this to be me getting all that much better at using the car's performance.

It's a very interesting phenomenon that I've never experienced in any other car. These really are pretty remarkable machines!