Quote:
In one or two model years max, the 612 will be equipped as standard with the GPS TFT screen. Just been confirmed by my contact at Ferrari France. The reason for the 10 Euros Becker unit is that they have a big stock and they need to get rid of it, unbelievable but true, according to my contact of course.

touché, 1:0!

you are probably right, the panel under the becker is just about the same DIN size, so the TFT is just a matter of time (or a tick in the option box). my first guess was that the nav system is to be integrated into this cockpit screen left to the rev counter.

it's just my personal taste. some years ago a car for me couldn't have enough e-kit included. e.g. i loved the (old) BMW eight or seven series with TFT and more lights in the cockpit like the christmas tree in front of the US ambassy. but it somehow changed, i know prefer reduced interiors with -- if any -- popup TFT's. audi did a good job with the A8 IMO. and i just love the nearly ascetic appearence of my GT3 RS' cockpit. but i'm zoning out... back to the topic...

Quote:
Also, he told me not the repeat but sod it! Factory will completely stop costumers visits from this summer onwards to start pre productions new Modenas. Not a scoop but it confirms the rumors.

yes. RC's latest info seems to be right.

regards
zz