A couple of months ago, I came across a post on here mentioning a special event hosted by the Porsche Travel Club here in St. Wolfgang, Austria. I immediately signed up along with my dad.

It took us several lengthly layover stops to get to Salzburg a day early. We settled in a hotel in downtown and went exploring for the day. The fun wouldn't start until the following day. We were picked up by a nice fellow in a Cayenne S and whisked off to St. Wolfgang where we stayed for one night. It was pouring rain and windy overnight but things cleared up a bit by morning. We had awesome driving conditions throughout the day until close to the end when it started raining again. I took a ton of pictures and videos but only have a chance to upload a few pictures.

One nice surprise that I found outside was 8 Turbos in the parking lot. 3 red, 2 basalt black, 1 lapis blue and 3 GT silver. I was told that they brought 20 Turbos here for the event!

Lots of Turbos!

GT Silver

Me driving the Lapis blue w/ natural brown Tiptronic

These were beautiful brakes! They worked really well too!

I posted a few pictures on my website:

http://jasontang.virtuality.org/opus911

A few observations about the differences between Tip vs 6 speed. I definitely liked driving the car with the 6 speed manual much more than the tiptronic. For some reason, the 6 speed felt faster to me even though the specs say that the Tip is faster. I always felt like I could keep the car in the powerband easier with the manual than the Tip. There was always a "lag" between the time I pressed the gas and the time that the car would actually move. This happened especially when I was pulling out of a tight turn. Sometimes the car would hold a gear although not by much. Overall, I enjoyed the 6 speed manual a lot more than the Tip.

Also, after seeing GT silver in person, I decided to order mine in Cobalt Blue instead!

I'll definitely write more later on. I'm exhausted from the day's event and there's still one more day to go!

Jason