A few words: it was amazing, the 997 GT3 is a great fun car. Unfortunately we have pretty cold weather today over here in Germany, in the 50s (aprox. 7-9 *C). The Michelin Cup tires didn't build up enough grip but the handling of the GT3 was still impressive. We were actually very lucky, no rain during the driving fun, the car gods were watching over us.

Walter Röhrl is an absolutely great person, very down to earth type of guy, not a bit arrogant, very very friendly and he really got a few new admirers today.
With us was also Mr. Wuest from Porsche Germany, some people may know him, I won't add anything more.

We had two cars for the fun, at the end the tires were almost finished, despite the cold asphalt temperatures.

The 997 GT3 feels great, it actually felt like my former 997 Carrera S but on steroids. The shifting felt a little bit weird since I didn't feel the gear actually pop in but it worked fine. Clutch is a treat, no need for a sensitive foot. Steering is very direct and precise, unfortunately the car showed heavy understeer and I was too dumb (and probably too impressed with all what happened today) to turn off the TC and/or turn on the sport button. Just PASM was set for "sport".

The engine is a treat too, it revs up incredibly fast up to the rev limiter, you can actually feel and even hear how the engine breathes freely. The exhaust/engine sound is great too after passing around 4000-5000 rpm, a bit Carrera GT like but not quite as good as the original 997 Porsche Sport Exhaust with the "sound mod".

Both cars were equipped with the optional PCCB brake, what can I say...NO fading, very precise brake feel, definetely a MUST HAVE option. Ordering a 997 GT3 without PCCB is like getting strawberry icecream without whipped cream. And did I mention that it also looks great? 380 mm discs front...impressive. The PCCB brake system of the new 997 GT3/Turbo is actually derived from the Carrera GT, the front brake is practically identical.

What suprised me most: even with TC and no PSM at hand, the 997 GT3 feels fool-proof. One has to do a lot of stupid things to make this car leave the track, it is a perfect toy, especially for skilled drivers but "beginners" will have an easier approach than with older "GT" models.

I didn't have much driving time I'm afraid, so my impressions may not be quite accurate, also because of the cold weather. Anyway, I was very impressed with the new GT3.

In my opinion, the 997 GT3 is the best bang for the buck right now from Porsche. It may not be as powerful as a Ferrari F430 or a Corvette Z06 but it is definetely a lot of fun. And after we did what we did with the two cars today (original comment from Mr. Wuest: "Thanks god, the cars are OK..."), we can also say that they're definetely not only fast but also very reliable.

Enjoy the pictures and later on the video(s).
Feel free to ask questions if you wish but I would like to say one thing: I didn't ask about future Porsche products and even if I did, I wouldn't tell what I've been told out of fairness towards the people involved, I hope you understand. Only one hint: a lot of interesting times are lying ahead for us Porsche freaks.

First picture: Walter put his autograph on my badge. Can you imagine? Our user "leihort" brought even a rim bolt for getting an autograph on it.